We’ve got a fun year coming for Big Up Words. We’ll need you to come and play of course. First thing is
National Novel Writing Month
Some of you may have heard of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) but for those of you that haven’t, here’s the low down. NaNoWriMo is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing! Writers begin on November 1st and work towards the incredible goal of writing a 50,000 word novel by 11.59pm on November 30th.
The Hampshire Scriber’s writing sessions are all on Saturdays in Andover Library from 14:00 – 15:30 and each has a unique theme:
- October 17th – Planning or Pantsing what will I write about?
- October 24th – How to attend the Night of Writing Dangerously
- October 31st – Official NaNoWriMo Kick Off Party! (Halloween themed!)
- November 7th – Blanket Fort Building
- November 14th – Steampunk/Fantasy themed afternoon
- November 21st – #Writefit
- November 28th – Teddy Bear Picnic
- December 5th – Thank God We Made It (TGWMI) Party! (Crowns and stars theme!)
All ages are welcome! Beth Hanson is now Hamshire’s ML. Our job is to prove we’ve got enough keen novelist to create Hampshire as its own part of the Nanowrimo verse. So Big Up Words will be helping Beth run fun FREE workshops in Andover library over from October 17th until December 5th. We’ll also be fundraising, our goal is £1,500 via sponsored writers and business sponsorship.
How can you help? Grab a sponsor and write a novel, help us fund raise or come along and help us help the novelist reach their goals.
See you all in October!